Some of the less finished or less successful work I created…
This piece re-organises itself every 17 seconds – the median time that a gallery visitor spends in front of each art work.
by Tom Davis
Some more partly finished work to show!
The printer windchime is now coin operated.
I’ve been working on a piece with a Dust Devil hoover. This evolved out of trying to make something with computer cooling fans. The idea is that it looks like a self sustaining snow globe. As you can see it still needs a lot of work.
Finally, today I started something with the scanner part of the printer. The finished idea is to have the lights moving in opposite directions constantly rearranging themselves in new ways. This will hopefully be further developed next week.
A bit of a frustrating day today. Mainly as I did’t have the right technology to implement the ideas I had. That and the hard drives wern’t playing ball. More on that hopefully in the coming week. My ardunio however arrived and after a trip to Maplin (my third this week) I had it up and running with some basic controlling of the printer windchime. Video posted below.
Day two and I’ve sort of got my head around this way of working. I’ve managed to produce something fit for ‘the wall’ – a semi exhibition space in the gallery.
My piece is a printer activated wind chime ,which works in principle but needs a bit of fine tuning.
A video of it working properly will hopefully be posted shortly.